Application Deadline: 1st October 2017.
The 2nd edition of the competition is programmed in October and will coincide with the 2017 French Film Festival (9 to 13 October 2017). The theme selected for this year’s competition and festival is ‘Storo za Familia’ (Family Stories / Histoire de Famille).
- The Alliance Française de Nairobi is the Promoter of the Kenyan Smartphone Film Competition.
- The Smartphone Film Competition is open to all entrants 18yrs and above resident in Kenya.
- Entrants must submit their lms by midnight Sun. 1st October 2017..
- Competition participation is free of charge.
- Only one lm per entrant will be accepted.
- All Films must be shot using smartphones.
- Films cannot exceed 4 minutes including credits.
- All genres accepted.
- Entries must be based on the theme ‘Storo za familia’ / Family stories / Histoire de familles
- It is permissible to use any software for editing, post-production or treatment of images.
- It is permissible to use external devices for audio recording.
- Films can be in English, French, Kiswahili or a mixture of these languages.
- Films can be in any one of the following video formats: MP4, AVI, WMV.
- Films can be submitted on USB drive or electronically by Wetransfer to email@example.com
- Films must be entrant’s own original work and must not have been previously published or distributed in any form.
- The winners: 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and People’s Choice will be awarded cash prizes of KShs.100,000/-, KShs.50,000/- and KShs25,000/- respectively on Friday, 13th October at Alliance Française de Nairobi.
For More Information: