Application Deadline: May 31st 2016
The Association of African Universities (AAU) is pleased to announce the 2016 session of its Small Grants for Theses and Dissertations Programme. In line with the Association’s aim of promoting the core functions of higher education institutions, the Small Grants Programme aims to facilitate timely completion of post graduate research.
- Applicants should be post graduate students enrolled in AAU member institutions that are in good standing on payment of their annual subscriptions. Post graduate students who are lecturers in AAU member institutions, and female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Research topics should fall within any of the following broad themes:
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Conflict, Peace and Security
- Environment and Climate
- Higher Education
- Small grants research budgets are limited to USD3,500 for PhD students and USD2,000 for Masters students
- Small grants budgets may not include indirect costs (e.g. accommodation, field trips outside the country where the research is being conducted)
Review Process and Criteria:
- The review of the applications takes approximately 2 months after the deadline date.
- Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Relevance (the extent to which the proposed research aligns with the selected theme and addresses African development issues);
- Innovation (the extent to which the proposed activity suggests and explores creative and original approaches); and
- Feasibility (whether the project is feasible in terms of the proposed methodology, work plan and budget)
- Award of grants will be based on merit – i.e. on the strength of the application
- Applicants will be notified on the status of their applications two months after the expiration of the deadline
- Applications should be submitted online via this link http://www.aau.org/smgr/
For More Information: