Application Deadline: 28th February 2017
This is a journalism competition operated by the British Council to select delegates for the Future News Worldwide 2017 conference, taking place 6 – 7 July 2017 in the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh (the “Conference”).
Future News Worldwide is a unique partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations. It aims to assist young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
Underlying this, the programme will help build strong and lasting connections to the next generation of media leaders across the globe.
The programme centres around a 2-day annual conference which will take place at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh, on 6th and 7th July 2017. With English as the working language, the conference offers aspiring young journalists from across the world the opportunity to develop practical and editorial skills and hear directly from some of the world’s most high-profile industry leaders.
Post-conference, a year-round global alumni network will support attendees to engage with one another, implement their learning and continue their professional development.
If you’re a student who’s passionate about journalism then British Council want to hear from you. Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2017 as long as you meet all of the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2017 you must be:
- Aged 18-25 on 1st July 2017
- A registered university undergraduate student (or have graduated within the last year)
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Able to travel to the UK for the conference on 6th and 7th July 2017
- A native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at the equivalent level of IELTS level 6.5
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide a certificate of enrolment evidencing your student status.
The conference is fully funded, with the British Council covering the following costs for successful delegates:
- Conference costs
- Travel to and from Edinburgh (including visas if applicable)
- Meals and accommodation
Please note: any other costs, such as spending money or tourism, must be borne by the delegates.
- All applicants must complete an online form designed to test their passion, enthusiasm and journalistic skills. The form has been designed to allow applicants to respond in whichever media format suits them best; written, video, audio or still image.
- Applications will be assessed by representatives from the Future News Worldwide partnership and successful delegates will be awarded a place at the conference.
Applications close: 28th February 2017
All answers must be submitted via the online application form. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact us: FutureNewsWorldwide@britishcouncil.org.
Important! Please ensure you read and understand the Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules (below) before starting your application
For More Information: