Application Deadline: March 13th 2017
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, for the 2017/2018 academic session. Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the aim of the scholarship awards is to provide applicants, with the opportunity to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali university [UNISSA] and Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB].
- Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceed 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31 July 2017.
- The award is not eligible, to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam.
The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
- One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
Commonwealth Member Countries (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British) and Zambia.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link http://www.mofat.gov.bn/Pages/BDScholarship.aspx
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for Scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies) Police Station (ie a statement/report certifying that applicants are clear from any covol and criminal charges)
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: applyBDGS2017@mfa.gov.bn *Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application thorugh https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms,together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hours (Brunei Time) on 13 March 2017
For More Information: