Application Deadline: April 30th 2017
The Government of Flanders awards up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students. The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
The Flemish host institution applies on behalf of the student.
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
- The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
- The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €7.500,- per academic year.
- The Flemish host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €105,- per year, which equals the rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student from an underprivileged group
- The Flemish Host Institution submits the application on behalf of the student. The host university or host university college also performs an academic check of the student’s file. If a scholarship is awarded to a student, the scholarship can be cancelled if the student is not accepted by the host university/university college on basis of academic grounds.
- The program holds for all study areas.
- There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), USA (5). If these numbers of scholarships are not taken up, they will be distributed among the other candidates.
The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution.
The deadline for applications by the Flemish host institution is 30th April 2017.
Beware of internal deadlines set by the Flemish host institution.
A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
- Launch of call: December 2016
- Deadline for application: 30th April 2017
- Selection: May 2017
- Announcement of selection results: June 2017
- Start of mobility: September 2017, for the academic year 2017-2018
Should you have questions about the scholarship programme, you can contact the Flemish host institution or: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: