Application Deadline: 9th November 2015
The Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. The Fellows receive mentoring from the current leaders of key multilateral institutions
- National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- master’s degree
- under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- any additional criteria as set by the host.
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) –
- Position title: 2016 Mo Ibrahim Foundation leadership fellowship program
- Grade: N/A
- Position N°: 50080938
- Reference: No ADB/15/132
- Closing date: 09/11/2015
- The Fellowship allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders. The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose, for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months, and the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
Duty Station: Addis-AbabaPost Title: Mo Ibrahim Leadership FellowDeadline for Application: 11 October 2015.Any applications received after that date will not be reviewed.Duration of Assignment/Conditions: This Fellowship is awarded for a period of 12 months.
EducationFellow must hold a Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Law, Finance, Engineering, or any discipline relevant to the work of UNECA.Language : English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat
All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance will be met by the UNECA.The Fellow cannot be employed on UN regular positions within six months of completion of a fellowship.The Foundation will ensure that the Fellow has his/her own medical insurance, child education and retirement plan arrangements.The Foundation will invite and pay for the Fellow’s participation in its annual Forum.The travel costs for the assumption of duty and repatriation at the end of the appointment will be borne and paid out of the Funds provided by the Foundation.HOW TO APPLYCandidates must submit their applications together with the following documents:• Cover letter• UN Personal History Profile (PHP)•Copy of academic degree certificates, and;• Three letters of reference/recommendation.Applications with all the supporting documents should be sent by e-mail to RecruitmentPPost@uneca.org with subject line: LEADERSHIP FELLOW
- The International Trade Centre (ITC).
Deadline for Application: 09 November 2015 (midnight Geneva time)Entry date: May 2016Duration of Fellowship: One yearLocation: International Trade Centre, Geneva, SwitzerlandELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants must hold African nationality.
Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age).EDUCATION: Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or related area.WORK EXPERIENCE: Between seven to ten years of relevant work experience.LANGUAGES: Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish is an asset
The timeline for applications is:
- Process opens 9 September 2015
- deadline for submissions – 7 November 2015
- notification of successful candidate – 27 January 2016
- anticipated start date – 6 May 2016.
For More Information:
The African Development Bank (AfDB)
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
- Fellowship information (EN, pdf)
- Fellowship information (FR, pdf)
- UNECA vacancies page (EN)
- UNECA vacancies page (FR)
The International Trade Centre (ITC)
For More Information: