Sony presents the global music contest for 2014 fifa world cup
Supersong is your opportunity to make music history, by writing and creating a song for the 2014 fifa world cup brazil.
Your song must meet the following requirements for eligibility:
- Be comprised of both music and lyrics;
- Song lyrics must be in one (1) or a combination of any of the following languages: english, portuguese and/or spanish;
- Be written solely by the official entrant;
- Entrant is not now, and has not in the past, been subject to a music publishing agreement with any third party;
- The song has not been commercially exploited by entrant or any third party; and
- Shall be no less than sixty (60) seconds and no greater than two hundred forty (240) seconds in length.
- Your entry and the song should not include any of the following. Entries which include any of the following will be automatically disqualified:
- Any individual under the age of majority in the state, province or country where he or she lives;
- References which are obscene, crude or vulgar, and/or which contain gang identification;
- References to commercial products, license plate numbers, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email) or other personally identifiable information;Web site urls;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libellous content, references to nudity, alcohol/drug consumption, or smoking, illegal or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct, or any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive.
- All submissions will be evaluated by the supersong judging team who will choose the top 20 songs.
- A panel of experts from sony music entertainment and online fans will vote for their favorite songs to select the finalists.
- The winning song will be chosen from the finalists by ricky martin and the judges’ panel to be announced in february 2014.
- The winner will travel to puerto rico (subject to change) to see ricky martin and a top music producer collaborate on the final version of the song, to be recorded by ricky for the official album of the fifa world cup™, which will be released by sony music entertainment.
- The winner and a guest will also travel to brazil and be vip guests of sony and watch the 2014 fifa world cup™ final match and closing ceremony in july 2014 and receive additional prizes.
- The entire creative process and studio recording will be documented by sony pictures television for a television special, culminating with the world premiere of the supersong music video.
- The program will be shown globally across television, digital and mobile platforms via sony pictures television’s many channels (crackle, axn, set and spin).
For More Information: