Application Deadline: February 28 2014
The Taiwan International Graduate Program is pleased to announce that we start to accept applications to our 2014 International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP) in January 2014. The TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica, the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan.
Launched in 2009, the TIGP-IIP is an intensive pre-doctoral research training program that prepares its participating interns with the necessary knowledge and skills for future research or career development through rigorous hands-on training.
In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. This 2 month program takes place between May and August 2014.
The TIGP-IIP welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
(1) Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2015.
(2) Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
(3) Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
- TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
- In addition, one way airfare at economy class will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
There are 12 programs offered by TIGP Internship:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
For More Information: