Application Deadline: 16 July 2013
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to identify and prepare outstanding African leaders by providing them with critical experience at the highest levels of multilateral organisations.
Created in partnership with three of the world’s most influential organisations, the Fellowships will provide selected candidates with the opportunity to work directly in the executive offices of:
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) www.afdb.org
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) www.uneca.org
- The World Trade Organization (WTO) www.wto.org
Through the 12 month placement, Ibrahim Fellows will be provided with the tools to go on to play a major role in the governance and development of the African continent.
Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognise achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- Young professional, mid-career and new executive
- Under the age of forty, or forty-five for women with children
- National of an African country
- 7â€10 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree
To apply for the Fellowship at the African Development Bank or World Trade Organisation please go to www.afdb.org where there will be a link to the application form for either of these institutions
The application process opens on 3rd June with a closing date of 16th July. Each of the successful candidates will be notified on 22 October 2013 and report for duty on 7 January 2014.
- Begin Advertising Fellowship Vacancy – 27 May 2013
- Application Process Opened – 3 June 2013
- Applications Due – 16 July 2013
- Institutions Vet Applicants & Select 10 Finalists – 31 Aug 2013
- MIF Narrows to Three Finalists – 15 Sept 2013
- Institution Head Selects Fellow – 15 Oct 2013
- Successful Candidate Notified – 22 Oct 2013
- Press Announcement of Fellows – MIF Forum 2013
- Fellow Reports to Duty – 7 January 2014