Register today through July 15 to secure a spot at the Summer Youth Assembly during a very special year for the United Nations. Only a few seats left!
Delegates with strong STEM background are encouraged to apply for consideration for the YA STEM track with Microsoft.
Date: August 5, 6 & 7, 2015
Join hundreds of foremost youth leaders from around the world in developing new networks and skills to successfully promote the United Nations post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals agenda.
The Youth Assembly at the United Nations (YA@UN) is a unique platform created to foster dialogue and generate partnerships between exceptional youth, UN high officials and staff, private sector, and civil society. We are committed to empowering youth to become active participants in the success of the UN Millennium Development Goals and the transition to the Post 2015 Development Agenda.
Summer YA 2015 – 3 Full Days at the United Nations Headquarters, NYC, USA;
- Resolution Project new Social Venture Awards through Competitions for University-level Delegates, more. The 2015 Summer Youth Assembly at the UN has, as its Lead Endorser, the Permanent Mission of Romania; the Host is Her Excellency Simona Miculescu, Ambassador from Romania to the United Nations.
- Date: August 5, 6 & 7, 2015
Plenary sessions, Workshops, Round table Discussions, Networking, New Social Venture Competitions, MDG Related Skills Building and Campaign Introductions
Renowned speakers and expert workshop facilitators; U.N. Staff participation at sessions; Young leaders like yourself from around the world; Intergenerational Leadership Exchanges
A Registration Inclusions:
- 3-Day Youth Assembly Conference
- Visit of one of the Permanent Missions to the United Nations
- Youth Assembly Completion Certificate (electronic version only)
- Youth Leaders and those who wish to become leaders, ages 16-24+
- Advanced Youth Leaders and Young Professionals engaged in the United Nations or MDG studies, internship, fellowships or early work stages, ages 18-28+
- Applicants under 16 years old are NOT eligible and will not be accepted.
For those who do not wish to partake in the conference package program, they may register free of charge, space permitting, after all other program registration has been finalized. To be placed on the waiting list, please send an email inquiry to APPLY4YA@FAF.ORG.
Applicants shall follow the following procedures to complete their registrations:
Step 1: Expedite the YA Administration Fee
- For individuals: USD $150 per person. For individuals from Least Developed Countries, the fee is USD $125 per person. For the list, Least Developed Countries List
- For groups: USD $125 per person for groups of 15 delegates or more.
The YA Administration Fee is due in its full totality upon registering, and all payments are non-refundable and non-transferable to future YA events regardless of the circumstances that will unable you to attend the event.
Step 2: Prepare for the required documentation for application
Document 1: Scanned copy of your payment proof
- If payment by wire transfer: Obtain a wire transfer receipt from your bank. Your payment proof should indicated the following information: Sender, Transaction Date, and Transaction Amount
- If payment by check or money order: Scan the check or money order before mailing. Upload the copy as your payment proof when submitting your application form.
- If payment by credit card: Fill out and scan the credit card form. Upload the copy as your payment proof when submitting your application form.
Document 2: Scanned copy of valid identification card
Document 3 (applies to Groups only): Click here to download the Group Information Form. Complete the form and save it in your computer.
Step 3: Fill out and submit the Application Form
- For individuals please use the Individual Application Form
- For groups of 15 or more people, please use the Group Application Form
Step 4: Wait for notification after 7 business days
Your application will be processed once you complete the above 3 steps. You will be receiving an application notification in approximate 7 business days. Due to large amount of applications, we ask you to kindly be patient, and only contact us regarding your application status if you do not hear from us after 7 business days.
Step 5: Apply for your USA Visa (applies to delegates that need to apply for a USA visa to attend the event)
You can start applying for the USA visa once you receive the invitation letter.
Step 6: Obtain your FAF Formal Admission Letter (applies to all delegates)
- If you applied for a USA visa, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org notifying us of the outcome of your visa appointment. If positive, request for your YA Formal Admission Letter needed to confirm and attend the event.
- If you do not need a USA visa, you will be receiving the YA Formal Admission Letter upon registering. No further steps needed to take.
- June 30, 2015 – Summer YA Registration Deadline
- August 4, 2015 – YA Pre-Registration Event (venue to be confirmed)
- August 5, 6 & 7, 2015 – Summer Youth Assembly at the United Nations
- It is the responsibility of each participant to arrange their own travel bookings (such as flight, airport transportation, accommodation, meals, etc.).
- Friendship Ambassadors Foundation offers optional Accommodation Packages at affordable rate. These accommodation packages include housing, meals, and special events during the conference.
- Delegates can take advantages of the packages to ensure they get the most experience from the Youth Assembly event.
- Registrants are invited to utilize Fund Raising Guide, provided free to all interested parties. There, you will find suggestions that may help with self-funding efforts.
- Otherwise, due to the extremely high cost of the use of United Nations facilities for the Assembly, staffing, insurance, and speakers’ fees, no other financial support is available through FAF for any travel, special events, accommodations, or meals at this time.
For More Information: