Application Deadline: Ongoing
Facebook and Andela have partnered to up-skill developers across Africa through a seven-week immersive program where selected developers will work as individuals or in agile remote teams to innovate on industry projects.
- Guide and unblock Innovators in the program towards building their finished and functional product.
- Review their code and share feedback.
- Share career advancement tips and hacks.
- Host office hours with Innovators to see that they complete their projects.
- Motivate Innovators to ensure 100% program completion
The application process is open to engineers skilled in one or more languages/stacks/frameworks in any of the focus areas: Web, Mobile,
Cloud and DevOps. Therefore, you are eligible to apply if you are proficient in any of:
- Ruby, PHP, Elixir, Golang, Rust, React, Angular, Vue, Flutter, Java,
- React Native, Swift,
- AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.
Volunteer Role Requirements
- Attitude of a go-getter plus a be really great at motivating
- Advocate of Integrity/Innovation and of course the tech-ecosystem
- Awesome Collaborator
- Availability to commit 4+ a week towards mentoring Innovators
- Great communicator of feedback
- For this program we prioritise growth opportunities and non-monetary incentives over financial rewards. We will be offering incentives and benefits where necessary on a program-specific basis. These incentives include but are not restricted to:
- Access to curriculum / course content on online learning platforms
- First hand information on employment opportunities through the Andela Talent Marketplace
- Recommendations and referrals available on request
- Certificate of Participation
- Profile building coaching sessions
During programmes, you will be receiving administrative support and oversight from designated Programme Assistants (PAs) in charge of your region or city. More importantly, the Andela Talent Partnerships Team is ultimately responsible for managing the volunteer community. This implies that even when programmes are not running, there will be deliberate arrangements to keep our volunteers engaged and supported.
For More Information: