Application Deadline: 31 October 2023
Journalists are invited to submit articles showing exemplary media coverage on labour migration and fair recruitment.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is launching the ninth edition of its annual Global Media Competition . Its aim is to distinguish fair and balanced media reports on labour migration. Negative and stereotypical public narratives can fuel discrimination and abusive practices towards migrant workers, including forced labour, as well as challenge social cohesion.
- The competition is open to professional and student journalists and will be judged by a panel of international migration and journalism experts.
- The winning entries will be selected according to a range of criteria including creativity, accuracy, balance and the positive portrayal of labour migration, including the multidimensional aspects of migrant workers’ lives.
- Three professional prizes and one student prize will be awarded.
- Winners can choose between a cash prize of US$1,200 in the professional category and US$500 in the student category, or a paid fellowship to participate in an online ITC-Turin fair recruitment or forced labour or labour migration course in 2024.
How to enter
- Complete the online entry form and submit your piece in the following formats: written press, photo essay, multimedia, podcast, video or radio.
- A submission in any language is welcome. However, an English, French or Spanish translation must be included. Students are allowed to submit a published or unpublished media piece.
- 31 October 2023 (23:59, Central European Time): Deadline for submissions, via the online entry form .
- December 2023: Competition winners will be announced to celebrate International Migrants Day.
For More Information: