Application Deadline: 30 April 2019
IAS are searching for 250 volunteers to participate in the largest open scientific conference on HIV science. This is YOUR chance to play a central role in major global event.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an international meeting, with exposure to HIV and AIDS experts from around the world, connect and meet other volunteers, and to meet inspiring people from all walks of life. Volunteers also receive free access to conference sessions when not on duty and a lunch each working day.
- Be over 18 years old and proficient in English
- Be available for the mandatory kick-off meeting, activity training and venue walkthrough (Friday, 19 July 2019, to be confirmed).
- Be available for at least three half-day shifts on three consecutive days during the conference. Please note that applicants with maximum availability throughout the period will receive preference
- Read and accept the Volunteer Policy and share the IAS values.
Volunteers play a central role during the conference, and convey the image of the conference to participants. Volunteers help coordinate programme activities, greet visiting delegates, assist with registration, staff various offices and perform other crucial tasks. The duration of shifts varies according to each conference activity. Each volunteer is allocated a morning shift or an afternoon shift depending on the conference schedule and requirements. When not on volunteer duty, volunteers can attend sessions or enjoy their free time. Some morning shifts start as early as 05:45 and some afternoon shifts finish as late as 22:00. No shift lasts longer than 6.5 hours.
Volunteers receive free access to conference sessions when not on duty, a volunteer t-shirt, and a lunch on each working day. Volunteers who complete their mission are in addition offered a free one-year IAS membership and are awarded a certificate of appreciation.
Being part of this group of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers is a fulfilling experience that opens the door to making new contacts and friendships.
Application and selection process
- The application form will be available on this page from 15 March 2019.
- From 15 March to early July 2019, the IAS 2019 Volunteer Programme Team will review the applications. Applications must meet the minimum requirements mentioned above to be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. We therefore invite anyone who is interested in volunteering to apply as soon as possible.
- In addition to the minimum requirements, the following selection criteria will apply:
- Applicants with the maximum availability throughout the conference will receive preference
- Level of individual motivation, experience and team spirit
- The IAS 2019 Volunteer Programme has sole discretion in accepting or rejecting applications. If the application is selected, the volunteer applicant will receive a proposal and be invited to confirm the schedule and activity proposed within 10 days.
- If the volunteer declines the schedule proposed, the activity and schedule declined are immediately released to other applicants. The IAS 2019 Volunteer Programme does not guarantee that a second proposal can be made.
- Please note that if an application does not satisfy all selection criteria, the IAS 2019 Volunteer Programme reserves the right to keep the application status on hold and make a decision at a later stage.
Travel and accommodation arrangements
The volunteer is solely responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel and accommodation and any other costs incurred related to their participation in the IAS 2019 Volunteer Programme. The IAS 2019 organisers will not provide any financial assistance.
It is the sole responsibility of the volunteer to take care of his/her visa requirements. Volunteers who require an entry visa must allow sufficient time for the application procedure. Volunteers should contact the nearest Mexican embassy or consulate to determine the appropriate timing of their visa applications. All visa applications should be submitted to the authorities before 1 June 2019.The IAS 2019 Volunteer Programme cannot be held liable in any respect if, for whatever reason, the volunteer has his/her visa refused by authorities and cannot enter the country.
- Please contact [email protected] for any questions, queries or updates you might have about your volunteer application.
For More Information: