SHARE YOUR BIG IDEA. GET FUNDED. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Are you a social entrepreneur who is working to improve the lives of children and society in a big way?
Are you using digital tools and technology to scale and grow your impact?
Do you have an innovative idea to change the world, the passion and the drive to create this change?
Digital Changemakers is a competition that is being run by Tigo in partnership with non profit Foundation Reach for Change in search for social entrepreneurs that have the passion and the drive to improve the lives of children and society in a big and significant way. The competition is running in 5 African countries namely Chad, Rwanda, DRC, Ghana and Tanzania.
The Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition awards 2 winners from each country a cash prize of $20,000 each and a place in a support program which includes professional coaching, and mentoring from Tigo and its non-profit partner Reach for Change to help you develop your initiative.
Social entrepreneurs are encouraged with different kinds of programs to apply.
Entrepreneurs who don’t have digital at the core of their operation can apply, as long as there is the potential for digital technology to be used in a way that increases the impact of their work.
The use of digital technological solutions can be demonstrated in one or more of the following ways:
• Utilizing mobile, broadband, digital and/or information technology, as part of the solution
• Have the potential to use mobile broadband, digital and/or information technology to improve the quality or scale of the social impact
• Promote connectivity and access to communications, particularly to underserved populations or has the potential of doing so.
• Do you think you have what it takes to be a Digital Changemaker who has the passion to create significant and positive impact for children and change in your country?
Get the organizational funding and coaching you need from our Incubator program, and see your idea transform lives through the guidance and assistance of Tigo advisors and experts from a global network.
• Become a hero. Become a Digital Changemaker.Become a hero. Become a Digital Changemaker.
Visit the below web pages to apply in the countries where the competition is running:
Tanzania: www.tigo.co.tz/digitalchangemakers – Deadline: September 30 2014
DRC: www.tigo.cd/leaders – Deadline: October 20 2014