Application Deadline: October 5 2014
New York – January 12, 2015 (Application Deadline October 5)
Silicon Valley – January 12, 2015 (Application Deadline October 5)
Are you a PhD candidate or postdoctoral researcher looking to transition into a career in industry?
Do you want a career that truly leverages your quantitative experience in a fast-growing, in-demand field that is making a positive impact in the world?
Insight is an intensive, six week postdoctoral training fellowship that bridges the gap between academia and a career in data science. Based in Silicon Valley and New York City, the program enables scientists to learn the industry specific skills needed to work in the growing field of big data at leading companies.
The program consists of a project-based, industry- driven learning approach designed to train academics in many of the cutting edge data science tools and practices used in industry. Immediately following the
program, Fellows interview at leading companies in the San Francisco Bay Area (Silicon Valley Program) or New York, Boston, and Washington D.C. regions (New York Program), where they are likely to receive multiple job offers.
Insight Data Science Fellows Program in a nutshell:
- 6 week, full-time, postdoctoral data science training fellowship in Silicon Valley or New York City
- Full tuition scholarship for all Fellows, with need-based travel and living expense scholarships available.
- Self-directed, project-based learning (no classes!) under the guidance of top industry data scientists.
- Network with smart people who are excited about working on interesting problems while having a positive impact.
- Interview and get hired at mentor companies immediately following completion of the program.
- Applications are accepted from all nationality but you must make sure that you will be able to work in the US from the start date of your full-time employment.
Applying to Insight
For program dates and locations current accepting applications, please visit:
Please apply for the session that is in the geographic area where you would like to work after completing the program.
Interaction with mentor companies is one of the most important parts of Insight. In the Silicon Valley session, you will network with companies all over the San Francisco Bay Area. In the New York session, you will meet with companies based in New York, Boston, Washington D.C. and the surrounding areas.
For More Information: