Thiel Fellowship allows young entrepreneurs to apply for 2-year fellowships, internship and job opportunities with the Thiel network, and invitations to exclusive Thiel Foundation Summits
The Thiel Fellowship is a community of visionaries creating a radical re-thinking of what it takes to succeed and improve the world, through self-directed learning, independent thought, and meaningful contributions.The Fellowship brings together some of the world’s most creative and motivated young people, and helps them bring their most ambitious ideas and projects to life. Thiel Fellows are given a no-strings-attached grant of $100,000 to skip college and focus on their work, their research, and their self-education
The Thiel Fellowship brings together some of the world’s most creative and motivated young people, and helps them bring their most ambitious projects to life. Thiel Fellows are given a grant of $100,000 to focus on their work, their research, and their self-education while outside of university. Fellows are mentored by a community of visionary thinkers, investors, scientists, and entrepreneurs, who provide guidance and business connections that can’t be replicated in any classroom.
With tens of thousands in additional resources, summer housing, regular workshops, our Thiel Foundation Summits, fellowship dinners, and retreats we’ve built a robust community and program to accelerate your professional and personal development. Rather than just studying, you’re doing.
- During the two-year fellowship, the Thiel Fellows work on their innovative ideas full-time, but they determine their specific paths; this might mean starting a company, but it could also mean doing freelance work, developing a social movement, interning at another company, or pursuing research and development independently.
- Teams of up to four are also encouraged to apply.
Thiel Foundation Summit
- Twice each year hundreds of visionary young entrepreneurs, hackers, scientists, designers and futurists congregate at Thiel Foundation Summits to connect, collaborate and inspire. They build new relationships, new companies, new technologies and new projects with the potential to change the world.
Summits feature inspiring keynotes, attendee-led breakout sessions, office hours with Thiel mentors, and lots of opportunities for one-on-one collaboration. Throughout the year summiters stay in touch through a private (800+ member) Facebook group and organize local meetups to bring the spirit of our community back to their hometowns.
Summit attendance is by invitation only.
- Las Vegas: November 15 – 16 2014
San Francisco – June 2015
The next Thiel Foundation Summit will be held in Las Vegas, NV on November 14-16, 2014 in conjunction with the Downtown Project, the $350 million urban revitalization project led by Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh. Thiel Foundation Summits are twice yearly events that foster creative spaces – online and off – for young entrepreneurs to collaborate, learn from and inspire one another.
The event will feature speakers from the Thiel Fellowship mentor network, breakout sessions on topics important to young entrepreneurs (many led by summit attendees themselves), mentor office hours, and special collaborative activities.
The Las Vegas summit will include a “startup crawl” where attendees can meet many of the innovative Downtown Las Vegas businesses that are helping transform the area into a new entrepreneurial ecosystem. Thiel Foundation Summits are open to anyone 23 and younger working on a project to better the world
- Apply by October 15, 2014 for the chance to receive an invitation to the next Thiel Foundation Summit, and a chance to win an airfare and hotel package at the event
- Beginning November 1, 2014, applications may be updated or supplemented with new information for consideration by the selection committee
- Apply by November 20, 2014 for mentors from the Thiel network to consider you for a winter break externship
- Apply by December 15, 2014 for mentors from the Thiel network to consider you for a spring internship or job opportunity
- The final deadline for application submission is January 15, 2015