Application Deadline: midnight (GMT) on May 18, 2016.
Getty Images is dedicated to excellence in photojournalism and to making tangible, positive contributions to the photography industry. To respond in an objective and fair manner to many photographers’ requests for help, and to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to the industry, launched a grants program in 2004, to inspire and enables photojournalists to pursue projects about which they are passionate– and that focus attention on significant social and cultural issues.
It is one of the largest grants programs in the industry and it is also more than a monetary grant. Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography provide photographers with the creative freedom and collaborative editorial support necessary to produce documentary features that raise the bar for visual excellence.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and presently engaged as a professional photojournalist.
- A professional photojournalist, for the purposes of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who derives the majority of his or her income from documenting issues and events through still photography.
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams.
- In 2016, the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography will award five $10,000 grants through the annual application proposal process.
- Beginning in 2016, one Editorial Grant recipient will be chosen for the David Laidler Memorial Award, in honor of the former d irector of Getty Images Assignment and founder of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography program, David Laidler, who passed away in August 2015
Funding: To incentivize winners to complete their projects in a timely manner, the photographers will receive 80% funding when announced and the balance upon completion.
- Only digital submissions through our online entry system will be accepted. Prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials will not be reviewed by judges nor returned to applicant.
- The online submission must include: a 500 word summary of the project proposal, a short biography of the applicant and 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images.
- The proposals must be in English
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Getty Images Instagram Grant 2016