Application Deadline: 7 April 2017(KST 09:00).
When: 28 May – 3 June 2017 | Jeju, Republic of Korea
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 3rd Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education (GCED) from the 28th May to 3rd June 2017, in Jeju, Republic of Korea.
The five-day workshop aims to contribute achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, to foster global citizenship through education. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
Organized in partnership with the GCED Youth Network and sponsored by Jeju Forum for Peace and Prosperity, the workshop aims to build the capacity of dynamic young leaders from across the world to strengthen their leaderships for GCED.
- Approximately 50 participants, between the ages of 18 to 24, will be selected on the basis of their current engagement and future commitment in educating youth at the local and national levels around GCED.
- Participants must have a minimum of two years’ experience in youth activities, sufficient understanding of GCED issues and priorities, and proven experiences of influencing change at the local or national levels.
- Travel and local expenses will be covered for all successful applicants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries.)
During the workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around GCED and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will also engage in information sessions to support them in this task, on areas such as ‘GCED Youth Advocacy tools,’ and ‘Deepening the Understanding of GCED.’
- Application Now for the Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 7 April 2017(KST 09:00).
- Successful applicants will be notified by 17 April 2017.
For More Information: