Application Deadline: Nov. 3, 2016
The mission of the AXA Research Fund is to fund academic research dedicated to bettering our understanding of important hazards, risks and threats and our current global societal challenges within four clusters: socioeconomic risks, environmental risks, life risks and the “Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
In 2017 the AXA Research Fund will be offering up to twenty-five (25) Post-Doctoral Fellowships to outstanding researchers. Each grant can be up to one hundred and thirty thousand euros (€130,000) at most and for a duration of eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) month period. To that end, the AXA Research Fund implements two bottom-up calls for applications addressed to the research institutions registered in the AXA Research Fund database and willing to host Post-Doctoral Fellowship candidates.
The two calls will be implemented as detailed in the Section “Timeline & Application Process”. It is the Institution’s remit to identify the best possible candidates to participate in the Post-Doctoral Fellowships campaign. Candidates will subsequently be expected to submit an application presenting their research project, to be carried out in the host institution that nominated them.
- Only applicants without a permanent academic position are eligible.
- The applicant must have been awarded his/her first PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree) before the beginning of the Post-Doctoral grant and within the 3 years preceding the deadline for the submission of their research proposal.
- The eligibility period may be extended for up to 6 years in the event of documented career breaks (see below the Application Guidelines for details of eligible career breaks).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, academic institutions must be preregistered on our platform at least 5 days prior to the opening of a campaign. Institutions are urged to appoint a single Operational Contact to handle relations with the AXA Research Fund.
First, the host institutions operational contact nominates the number of fellows they wish to present by entering their names & email addresses online. The AXA Research Fund reviews their researchers’ profiles, and, depending on the available funding, allocates slots to the candidates the institution will be allowed to present.
Candidates are then invited by the European Science Foundation (ESF) to submit their research proposals and are provided with the necessary information to access the application form.
Institutions are invited to submit their applications for one of the two campaigns by:
1. Nov. 3, 2016 for the first
2. May 30, 2017 for the second
For More Information: