Application Deadline: May 31st 2021
The BIEA have run the Graduate Attachment Scheme (GAS) for many years, supporting a large network of early-career scholars who are interested in research based in Eastern Africa. This academic year (2021-2022), BIEA and the RSC are partnering to offer three attaché positions for refugee / displaced scholars who are interested in graduate-level studies. The three attachés will participate in BIEA research activities and trainings, and work closely with an accomplished mentor to support an ongoing research project related to a humanitarian topic in Eastern Africa. They will also develop research ideas of their own. Each successful scholar will receive a £1,000 GBP stipend to support them during this time. During the current Covid pandemic all Attachments are taking place digitally.
𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚 – 𝘐𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵:
1. Have personal experience with forced displacement (e.g., as a refugee, asylum seeker, IDP, stateless person, former refugee, or another category);
2. Have completed your BA degree in a field in the Social Sciences or Humanities (e.g., Sociology, Anthropology, History, Law, Literature. etc.), or have comparable experience;
3. Be based in Eastern Africa, or have a demonstrated interest in conducting research in Eastern Africa while living elsewhere (e.g., other regions of the continent, Europe, North America, etc)
4. Be prepared to work closely with a scholar-mentor who is researching displacement-related topics in Eastern Africa;
5. Write at a high academic standard in English; and
6. Be able to participate fully in all GAS activities for the duration of the attachment period.
You are invited to attend an Information Session at 2pm EAT on Tuesday 25th May for tips on how to make a strong application. Join at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9712622599.
If you are unable to attend but would like a link of the recording of the session, please email [email protected].
𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬? 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐭: [email protected]
For More Information: