Application Deadline: 11:59 PM BST (London Time) on 08 March 2017.
The Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace working group (CYSDP) is looking to recruit an outstanding young leader, passionate about, and with expertise, in the field of sport for development and peace (SDP), to support its work.
In May 2013 the Commonwealth Secretariat supported the establishment of CYSDP, a group of young leaders from across the Commonwealth with knowledge and understanding of SDP. The Working Group provides a platform for collaboration with young people on important national, regional and global development issues. It also strengthens the capacity of young people to engage with their communities, policy makers and wider stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
The leadership team comprises a Focal Point from within the Commonwealth Secretariat, a Coordinator, and a steering committee for the thematic areas of policy and research; communications and advocacy; and regional coordinators. The Coordinator has a supervisory and support role, and will work with the leadership team in delivering network objectives. The Commonwealth Focal Point will support the work of the steering committee and be the liaison between the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Steering Committee.
The CYSDP Coordinator will work with the Commonwealth Secretariat’s Youth Division and its partners to guide and support the work of CYSDP. They will also support CYSDP in six key areas – strategic planning, meetings & administration, CYSDP membership, publications and policy papers, stakeholder/network relationships, and communications. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 29, be a citizen of a Commonwealth member country, and show a demonstrated commitment to the CYSDP’s vision and mission through their volunteer or professional background.
- The assignment is expected to take place over 4 months from March 2017 to June 2017.
- This contract may be renewable for up to 2 years from the initial contract period, subject to the discretion of the Commonwealth Secretariat.
- The contracts will be renewable in periods as is determined by funding and satisfaction of the Coordinators’ work, based on
- Logistics and Remuneration £500/month for 4 months = £2000 (All Inclusive).
- The Pan-Commonwealth Coordinator will work under supervision of the Commonwealth YTH Division, (Point of Contact– Tikwiza Silubonde: e: [email protected]; t: +44 (20) 7747 6296.)