Submission Deadline: December 14th 2018
- The 2018 CGAP Photo Contest is open to all photographers and videographers who are at least 18 years old. (The operational team of CGAP, the World Bank Group, and their immediate families are excluded from participating.)
- Digital images or scans of prints may be uploaded. Original files of camera-made digital photos may not exceed 20 megabytes (20 MB), and video files 300 MB.
- CGAP cannot be responsible for lost, damaged, late or misdirected entries, or for faulty uploading connections, garbled transmissions, unauthorized intervention, or technical malfunctions.
US $2,000 gift certificate each for photography or video equipment and accessories. (No cash, check, or money transfer will be issued.)
US $1,000 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories:
- REACHING EXCLUDED PEOPLE: Mobile phones open up markets and access to services for people who are isolated or live in remote communities. Show us how digital finance creates new opportunities for excluded Africans.
- BRIGHTER PROSPECTS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE: There are 600 million young people in Africa under the age of 25, and 72 percent of them are unemployed. Show how financial services can spur entrepreneurship among Africa’s youth.
- DIGITAL FINANCE AND DEVELOPMENT: Innovative technologies and finance together offer new solutions for addressing chronic problems such as access to water, energy and health care. Show ways that financial services are helping advance the Sustainable Development Goals in Africa.
Judges’ Honorable Mention:
Judges may select up to 8 winners to receive US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
People’s Choice Winner
US$100 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award begins on December 15 and ends December 21, 2018.
Up to 20 photographs and/or videos may be submitted per person. Entries may be entered by uploading digital files. The maximum file size for photos is 20 megabytes (MB), and for videos 300 MB. Each photo or video submission must be accompanied by:
– CAPTION: a short description of the activity or situation depicted
– DATE the image was taken, the location and country
– NAME of the person(s) shown with their permission to use (see below)
Entries: CGAP requests that the photographer follows the widely recognized standards and ethical guidance for development photography and obtains informed consent whenever reasonably possible from any subjects photographed. Entries must:
- Be the original work of the entrant and shot in the last two years
- Treat all subjects with respect and dignity.
- Respect the rights, sensitivities, and culture of communities and/or persons depicted, including the subject’s right to consent to being photographed.
- Fairly represent the situation, subject’s identity and physical location of the image, without alteration (other than standard photographic techniques for optimization, including removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc.
For More Information: