Application Deadline: July 24, 2016 (23:59 UTC)
Are you a young agripreneur? Are you interested in learning more about new agricultural technologies and innovations that can increase agricultural productivity, generate employment and increase revenues?
Participate to the Youth empowerment for Agripreneurship in West Africa project.
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD) in collaboration with the Islamic Development Bank are inviting young agricultural entrepreneurs to submit applications for the Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship in West Africa Project.
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF / WECARD) is a member of the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) and composed of the National Agricultural Research Systems of 23 countries in West and Central Africa.
The mission of CORAF / WECARD is to achieve “Sustainable improvements to the productivity, competiveness and markets of the agricultural system in West and Central Africa by meeting the key demands of the sub-regional research system as expressed by target groups ”
- The objective of this call is to enrol over 1000 Young entrepreneurs in agriculture “Agripreneurs” or young people interested in agriculture in a one-year mentoring process in the framework of the project “Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship in West Africa”
- Mentees will benefit from an assigned mentor for the duration of the program, agricultural advisory services and online live chat sessions with mentors.
The project is built on three fundamental pillars namely:
(i) Putting research into use,
(ii) Strengthening Research-Private sector partnerships, and
(iii) Creating an enabling environment for agricultural entrepreneurship.
Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship consist of a mentoring process to empower youths to consolidate the agricultural value chains in several aspects of pre-production related to animal, plant and fishery production, and post-production related to the processing of agricultural/fishery products, product labeling, marketing and market access, in order to enhance the outputs and specific potentials thus increasing employment and income creation opportunities.
- CORAF/WECARD are looking for young people with strong interest and/or experience in agricultural technologies and innovations.
- The candidates are expected to have a business idea or a start-up related to agriculture, preferably on the 15 technologies developed by CORAF/WECARD.
- Although the project focuses on nine (9) National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) in the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Benin, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Niger and Sierra Leone all young people from West and Central Africa are invited to benefit from the program.
If interested in applying, please complete this online form. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by July 24, 2016 (23:59 UTC)
For More Information: