This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
The programme offers very good graduates with a first university degree the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of their home country.
The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast
Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East.
- Very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries.
- The scholarships are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- The scholarships are awarded for selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education.
- DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 750 €.
- The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany.
- In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance as well as a study and research subsidy and in applicable cases rent.
- Subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children.
- DAAD-scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees.
The main DAAD criteria for selection are:
- The study results, knowledge of English (and German), political and social engagement, a convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit after the return to the home country.
- The university degree should have been obtained during the six years before the application for the scholarship.
The necessary documents are:
- DAAD application form for research grants and study scholarships;
- Motivation letter containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic / professional and personal reasons for wishing to participate in the programme;
- Full Curriculum Vitae including information about precise field of study and, if applicable, description of job experience;
- Copies of all certificates;
- Recent language certificates;
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/ or current or former employers
For More Information: