Application Deadline:11 March 2016
The scholarship is open to female graduates of any South African university who have been resident or who have had a permanent home in Durban (inclusive of metro boundaries) for a period of at least three years immediately preceding the award.
- The scholarship is open to female graduates of any South African university who have been resident or who have had a permanent home in Durban (inclusive of metro boundaries) for a period of at least three years immediately preceding the award.
- The candidates must:
(a) be South African citizens
(b) have been a registered student at a South African University for at least two years
(c) be under the age of 25 years on January 1st of the year of the award, unless the Senate of the University determines otherwise.
(d) Have completed at least a four-year curriculum
- In making the award, preference will normally be given to candidates who, at the date of the award, have completed a five-year curriculum.
- The scholarship will be tenable for two years.
- The value of the scholarship will be determined from time to time by the University
- A scholar shall not hold any other scholarship or bursary or any paid appointment concurrently with the Emma Smith Overseas Scholarship except with the permission of Senate.
- The holder of the Emma Smith Overseas Scholarship must, during the tenure of the Scholarship, pursue advanced or post graduate studies under such conditions as Senate may approve; and must satisfy Senate from time to time, as required, of her compliance with the said conditions, of her progress in her studies and her good conduct.
- Except with the permission of the Senate of the University, a student to whom the Emma Smith Overseas Scholarship is awarded must take up the tenure of the scholarship within a period not exceeding 18 months from the date of the award.
For More Information: