Application Deadline: December 2nd 2016
The International Competition Network (ICN) and the World Bank Group are pleased to announce the launch of the 2016 – 2017 Competition Advocacy Contest.
This contest aims to highlight the key role competition agencies play in promoting competition by showcasing their advocacy success stories.
As defined by the ICN, competition advocacy refers to activities that promote a competitive environment through non-enforcement mechanisms, such as building relationships with government entities and increasing public awareness of competition’s benefits.
Competition agencies and public bodies promoting competition policy are welcome to apply. We encourage joint submissions with other governmental bodies or non-governmental organizations.
Submit your application online before December 2, 2016.
Submitted stories should include:
- Description of the competition/market problem
- Relevant theme
- Main goal/s of the work undertaken
- Sector/s involved and product/service analyzed
- Geographical regions affected
- Importance of the sector/market analyzed
- Resources mobilized
- Collaboration with other agencies/organizations and stakeholders
- Advocacy strategy
- Specific advocacy activities, milestones and timeframe
- Main messages and recommendations conveyed by the advocacy activity
- Results achieved
- Effects on market (e.g., consumer savings, investment, value added, entry of new firms)
- Impact evaluation, if any
- Lessons learned
- ICN or World Bank Group tools used for this initiative, if any
Stories should be between 500-2000 words and start with a 100-200 word summary.
Stories submitted to previous editions of this contest that were not awarded are eligible for resubmission.
Submissions will undergo a rigorous assessment of the following criteria:
Success of the advocacy activity
Cooperation mechanisms deployed
Impact and effects on markets
Creativity and originality
Spillover effects and lessons learned
A panel will review the submissions and select the top stories. The award ceremony will take place during the 2017 ICN Annual Conference that will take pace in Porto (Portugal) and winning stories will be featured in an ICN-World Bank Group Publication.
Winners and honorable mentions will be announced on February 17, 2017.
For More Information: