Application Deadline: November 27th 2017
The fellowship represents LéO Africa Institute signature leadership development project which espouses the dignity, self-worth, and identity of the African as the cornerstone of leadership values.
LéO Africa Institute are looking for young and emerging leaders from diverse cultural and entrepreneurial backgrounds, already engaged either as social entrepreneurs, innovators, media and journalism practitioners, artists, or activists. Potential fellows should be conscious of their duty in transforming society and are dedicated to promoting Africa’s interests and image in the world. We anticipate in time to build a critical mass of individuals committed to personal development, advancement of career, and shaping a progressive future for East Africa and Africa at large.
The selection of candidates for the Young and Emerging Leaders project will be highly competitive, and for the 2018 class limited to participants from within East Africa (Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania).
The nominees should:
- Be involved in an initiative that directly impacts the lives of many people in their community
- Commit to travel to and make time for all the three seminars in the Fellowship
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 as of January 1st 2018 (subject to review on case by case basis)
The selected candidates will graduate as fellows after undertaking three seminars on various aspects of leadership. Fellows will then pledge to take on an extra commitment in implementing a project or champion a cause with demonstrated capacity to have positive impact on society.
Candidates who graduate will join the LéO Africa Institute’s Leadership Network of outstanding individuals in East Africa. The network that is formed through the different cohorts of classes will continue to be brought together through our various platforms, collaborative engagements, and at the annual leaders gathering (ALG), the Institute’s flagship thought leadership event.
The 2018 Y&ELP Seminars
- Leadership 101: The Tenets of Outstanding LeadershipKasenge Forest Resort, Mukono
February 23-25th, 2018
- Personal leadership: Defining and Achieving Success
Banana Village Eco Resort, Entebbe
July (TBD), 2018
- Servant Leadership Seminar: Achieving Your Life’s Mission
November (TBD), 2018
For More Information: