Application Deadline: 15th June 2023, 12 pm noon European Central Time
The German Embassy Pretoria and LIA-Leipzig International Art Programme would like to invite artists from Eswatini,Lesotho and South Africa to apply for a three months residency exchange in Leipzig Germany.
The Leipzig International Art Programme (LIA) is an international artist in residency programme located at the Spinnerei Leipzig, a former cotton mill and now cultural hub. LIA focuses on being a place for experiment and
learning within a strong local artist community and a city rich of traditions. Local and international artists have an impact on each other while exchanging cultural experiences they are shifting the gaze.
- free accommodation in an 83 square meter furnished studio incl. curated group show in the residency
• coverage of travel and flight, visa and health insurance costs
• fellowship 760,00 € per month
• curatorial advice by LIA director Anna-Louise Rolland
• group show mid January 2024 during the Spinnerei Gallery Tour
• residency dates: 1st November 2023 to 30th January 2024
- The artist must speak comprehensible English and come from and be based in Eswatini, Lesotho or
- The residency does not include any further fees or stipends.
Applications must comprise the following and be wrapped into one pdf file only:
• An expression of interest (500 words max.) explaining for example the project you wish to develop during the residency or research you would like to do and what interests you about working at the Spinnerei Leipzig
• A CV or biography
• Up to 6 images of your work or video/audio links
• The specification of the subject matter of your e-mail so we can file you correctly: Open Call African Leipzig
- Applications must be in English and sent as one single pdf file to: [email protected], [email protected],
- application deadline: 15th June 2023, 12 pm noon European Central Time,
- successful applicants will be notified latest by 30th June 2023
For More Information: