Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
The Department of Transport and Public Works established the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme in 2006. It partnered with higher education institutions (HEI), non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and the relevant professional bodies to develop professionals in engineering and the built environment fields by offering bursaries to study towards a degree or higher diploma in the following disciplines:
- Property studies
- Transport economics
- Transportation engineering
- Electrical and/or electronic engineering
- Civil engineering
- Construction management
- Mechanical engineering
- Quantity surveying
- Town/City and regional planning
- Architecture, etc.
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme:
- Prioritises financially disadvantaged learners when awarding bursaries, especially women, students with disabilities and learners from rural communities.
- Provides support services programmes.
- Secures learning opportunities for Masakh’iSizwe bursars (i.e. interns).
- Secures employment opportunities for graduates.
- •Construction Management
- •Civil Engineering
- A South African citizen
- Be accepted at the relevant tertiary institution.
- Preference will be given to financially disadvantaged female learners from rural areas of South Africa
- Tuition fees Support programmes all prescribed books and materials
- accommodation and meals (or transport costs