Application Deadline: October 14th 2016
The application process for the 2017 Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships Programme is now open.
Through this annual fellowship programme, Mo Ibrahim Foundation seek to deepen and broaden its growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa. The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the African Development Bank (Abidjan), the UN Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa) or the International Trade Centre (Geneva).
- National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- master’s degree
- under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- any additional criteria as set by the host.
African Development Bank (Abidjan) Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2017
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship position in the African Development Bank (the “Bank”). The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or in any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
TERMS AND DURATION:
- The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose, for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months, the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position on the following terms: the fellow will receive an annual stipend monthly paid by the Bank out of the funds provided by the Foundation. The Fellow may be required to travel to different locations on instructions of the Bank. All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance but excluding travel and shipping costs relating to assumption of duty and repatriation, will be borne by the Bank.
- The Fellow will sign a contract with the Bank before commencement of service.
- For the duration of his/her contract with the Bank, the Fellow will, for all operational purposes and purposes of conduct, be required to comply with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the Bank. Only the Bank and not the Foundation shall be entitled to direct and instruct the Fellow in his/her performance or conduct during the course his/her assignment with the Bank.
- The Fellow is not a regular employee of the Bank, or is not granted a right to employment with the Bank. There is no obligation to hire the Fellow and there is no presumption of future employment at the Bank upon expiration of the twelve (12) month fellowship Term. The Fellow shall not be eligible for recruitment as a staff member of the Bank for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of termination of his/her Fellowship with the Bank or expiration of the 12 month Fellowship term (whichever is sooner).
- The Fellow shall not participate in the Bank’s child educational scheme and staff medical insurance and retirement plans.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation will ensure that the Fellow has his/her own medical insurance, child education and retirement plan arrangements.
- The travel and shipping costs for the assumption of duty and repatriation at the end of the appointment will be borne and paid out of the Funds provided by the Foundation.
The Application Process:
- Interested candidates should complete the online form at the Bank’s website: www.afdb.org/Careers.
- Applicants must apply on line by no later than 14 October 2016.
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted on line with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)) indicating date of birth, nationality, education and relevant experience.
- Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
- The selection process will include the Bank’s Human Resources Department carrying out an initial vetting of applications to develop a short list of ten (10) applicant files to be further reviewed by the Foundation. A short list of three (3) candidates will be presented to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for final selection.
- Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
NB: This position is not a regular position of the African Development Bank. The contract for this assignment is for a period of one (1) year and is not renewable. Funding is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
UNECA Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship 2017 (Technical Advisor)
Duty Station: Addis-Ababa
Post Title: Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellow
Deadline for Application: 11 September 2016. Any applications received after that date will not be reviewed.
Duration of Assignment/Conditions: This Fellowship is awarded for a period of 12 months.
As part of its programme to support member States, UNECA is partnering with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation to promote leadership development through a practical and on-the-job fellowship. The programme is aimed at enabling young African professionals to develop leadership capacity in a large institution, gain knowledge of the functioning of the United Nations, have better understanding of Africa’s socio-economic challenges and
contribute to the analytical, advocacy and policy advisory work of the Commission.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
- Fellow will work with the UNECA for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months and the Foundation will finance an annual stipend which will be paid monthly by the UNECA.
- The selected Fellow will sign a contract with the UNECA before commencement of service in line with administrative instructions of the United Nations applicable to consultants.
- All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance will be met by the UNECA.
- The Fellow cannot be employed on UN regular positions within six months of completion of a fellowship.
- The Foundation will ensure that the Fellow has his/her own medical insurance, child education and retirement plan arrangements.
- The Foundation will invite and pay for the Fellow’s participation in its annual Forum.
- The travel costs for the assumption of duty and
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must submit their applications together with the following documents:
• Cover letter
• UN Personal History Profile (PHP) *
• Copy of academic degree certificates, and;
• Three letters of reference/recommendation.
Applications with all the supporting documents should be sent by e-mail to RecruitmentPPost@uneca.org with
subject line: LEADERSHIP FELLOW
*UN Personal History Profile can be created at https://inspira.un.org.
The International Trade Centre (ITC) Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2017
- Process opens 12 August 2016
- applications due 14 October 2016
- successful candidate notified January 2017
- press announcement of Fellows 3 February 2017
- Fellows start date May 2017.
For More Information: