Application Deadline: July 10th 2016
WESSA (the Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa) is calling for applications from unemployed South African youth for a 28 month learnership funded by the National Department of Tourism, under their Expanded Public Works Programmes.
The Tourism Blue Flag Project aims to support Blue Flag beaches along the coast by providing additional capacity to support tourism initiatives and adherence to Blue Flag criteria.
- Undergo comprehensive environmental and tourism training towards a National Certificate: Environmental Education, Training and Development Practice, NQF Level 5
- Receive work place skills development and a basic wage
- Applications will be accepted from matriculated youth (18‐35) with a passion for people, tourism, education and coastal protection.
- Good matric results and some work experience or further qualifications would be an advantage.
Selected participants will be hosted on Blue Flag beaches and they must reside within 30km of the identified beaches below:
- Cape Town (Silwerstroomstrand, Melkbosstrand, Clifton 4th, Camps Bay,
Llandudno, Seaforth, Fish Hoek, Muizenberg, Strandfontein, Mnandi,Bikini); Overstrand (Kleinmond, Hawston, Grotto); Hessequa (Witsand, Preekstoel, Jongensfontein, Stilbaai Wes, Lappiesbaai, Gouritzmond);Mossel Bay (Santos, Hartenbos, De Bakke, Klein Brak); George(Wilderness); Knysna (Buffalo Bay, Brenton); Bitou (Robberg, Lookout,
- The Dunes, Keurboomstrand, Nature’s Valley); Kouga (Dolphin); Nelson Mandela (Hobie; Humewood; Kings); Ndlambe (Boknes; Kenton; Kariega; Kelly’s, Kleinemonde); Amathole (Birah; Hamburg); Mbizana (Mtenthu, Mzamba); Hibiscus (Trafalgar; Marina; Ramsgate; Hibberdene; Lucien; Southport; Umzumbe); Kwadukuza (Willard, Salt
Rock, Blythdale, Zinkwazi); Mandeni (Dokodweni).
For More Information: