Application Deadline: 15 May 2017.
In 2014 the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) initiated the P.R.I.M.E. programme to support the international mobility of postdoctoral researchers by temporary positions at German universities in place of conventional fellowships. The programme has been funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the European Union (EU).
After three selection cycles that were co-financed by the EU, DAAD has successfully established this funding instrument and will now continue the programme primarily with support from the national funding provider, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany (BMBF).
Postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities, who see their long-term career perspectives in Germany, will be given the opportunity to combine employment at a German university with a research stay abroad.
- The support is provided for 18 months, of which the first 12 months have to be spent abroad and the remaining six months in Germany (reintegration phase).
- Applications may be made by persons of all nationalities.
- Applications may be submitted before completion of the PhD. However, the PhD must be completed before the start of the funding period.
- There are no restrictions as to the country of destination as long as the applicant has not stayed in the respective country for more than 12 months in total during the three years preceding the application deadline of 15 May 2017.
- Appropriate host institutions in Germany and abroad must have been identified at the time of application. The contact with these institutions and the agreement on modalities are the responsibility of the applicant.
- The host institution in Germany has to be a university.
- The German host university must confirm in writing that the postdoc will be employed for the whole funding period, should the application be successful.
- Funding is provided through an 18-month temporary job position at the selected German university.
- The position will be remunerated according to the appropriate rate for postdoctoral researchers at the respective university (usually according to the German pay scale “TV-L E13”).
- DAAD will provide the respective universities with a grant agreement to cover the costs for the regular salary and an additional expatriate allowance for the 12-month research stay abroad.
- An additional lump sum travel allowance in accordance with DAAD rates for the selected candidate and accompanying spouse or partner (within the meaning of the German law on civil partnerships) and children will be paid directly by DAAD.
The following documents have to be submitted:
1. completed application form;
2. curriculum vitae with no chronological gaps and in tabular form in accordance with EU standards http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae;
3. short summary of the research project with a clearly recognizable working title and an indication of keywords. The summary should enable the assignment to a specific subject area and be suitable for use as preliminary information for potential reviewers. The length of the summary should not exceed 2,000 characters (including spaces);
4. a detailed and independently prepared research proposal upon which both the German and foreign host institutions have agreed.
The application deadline is on 15 May 2017.
The selection committee meeting will approx. take place on 11/12 October 2017.
The earliest starting date for funding is 1 January 2018.
For More Information: