Application Deadline: August 13, 2021
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2021/22 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities.
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same or lower category of degree.§ Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply.§ Application is restricted to Federal Universities and for specific courses only.§ Possession of valid admission letter into the University is mandatory for all applicants.§ Postgraduate applicant’s admission letter should be within a validity period of 12 months (2019/2020 or 2020/2021 session).
– Postgraduate applicants who meet the requirements shall be shortlisted for interviews before final selection of successful candidates.·
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies.
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields (as advertised) will be considered and the final selection shall be based on grades on their transcripts (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
CRITERIA, REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION PROCESS FOR INCOUNTRY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (ISS) POSTGRADUATE:A selection panel will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria.· Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants.· Membership of professional bodies.· The viability of the study/research plan (PhD applicants only)· Undergraduate and Postgraduate (MSC) applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose stating the reason(s) they wish to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.· While PhD applicants are required to submit a research proposal of not more than 6 pages to include topic, introduction, literature review, research question(s), novelty, methodology, mode of data collection(s), expected outcome(s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references.
A).(ISS) Undergraduate:· Applicants must be full time students in any of the Federal Universities listed.· Applicants must be in their second year of study.· Course of study should be related to oil and gas industry as advertised.· Students must have been admitted into the University in 2018/19 academic year only.· Possess 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics· Possess a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on scale of 5 or 3.0 on a scale of 4 which is equivalent to 2.1 in the first year for the 2018/19 batch of students· Applicants should provide their transcripts for the first year of study (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
Undergraduate applicants who meet the above requirements are to upload the following documents:
o Evidence of statement of WAEC/SSCE/NECO results with at least 5 credits, including English Language and Mathematics (not more than 2 sittings and the first sitting result must be uploaded).o Letter of admission into the Universityo First year academic transcript(s) duly signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff.o Certificate of indigene-ship (evidence of state of origin and local government)o Personal statement of a minimum of 1000 words stating reasons for undertaking the course of study.
B). (ISS) MSc. (Requirements for application):
i. Applicants must possess full time admission letter into any of the Federal Universities. ii. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an oil and gas related field or a 2.2 with a minimum working experience of 2 years in the oil and gas industry. iii. Course of study should be related to oil and gas industry.iv. Possess at least 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO results (not more than 2 sittings and the two results must precede the first degree) v. National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or Letter of exemptionvi. Certificate of indigene ship (evidence of state of origin and local government)vii. Personal statement of a minimum of 1000 words stating reasons for undertaking the course of study.
C). PhD (ISS) (Requirements for application):
i. Applicants must possess full time admission letter into any of the Federal Universities.ii. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field or a 2.2 in their first degree with a minimum working experience of 2 years in the oil and gas industryiii. A minimum of merit in a second-degree certificate in an oil and gas related disciplineiv. Possess at least 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO results (not more than 2 sittings and the two results must precede the first degree)v. National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate or Letter of exemptionvi. Certificate of indigene ship (evidence of state of origin and local government).vii. Research area must be relevant to the oil and gas industryviii. PhD research proposal of not more than 6 pages. The proposal template can be accessed via the applicants profile on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED BY POST GRADUATE APPLICANTS:
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms (all documents must be in pdf except your passport picture and must be in the right file sizes as indicated in the portal): 1. First Degree Certificates or Statement of Results2. NYSC Certificate or letter of exemption3. WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Result(s)4. Admission Letter (2019/2020 or 2020/2021 session)5. Personal Statement6. Certificate of indigene ship (evidence of state of origin and local government)
Additional scanned documents required from PhD applicants:
1. Second Degree Certificates or Statement of Results2. PhD research proposal (The proposal template can be accessed via the applicants profile on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal)
PhD RESEARCH AREAS:
PhD research areas have been provided to enable applicants chose areas of research (Please see research areas on the PTDF SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng)
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION:
Application will open from Monday July 5 to Friday August 13, 2021 (6 weeks)
For More Information: