Application Deadline: 28 October 2019
Rise Up is thrilled to launch a call for applications for the Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) in South Africa! We invite applications from civil society, grassroots, community-based, and non-profit organization leaders based in Gauteng Province and Durban to participate in Rise Up’s GEI program and be part of the first cohort of Rise Up leaders in South Africa. GEI is a non-stipended program offering selected leaders the opportunity to:
- Participate in the no-cost weeklong residential Rise Up Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator workshop between February 2-9, 2020 to strengthen their skills in girl and women-centered advocacy, leadership, and proposal development and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Apply for competitive seed funding to launch their advocacy strategies.
- Join a dynamic global network of diverse leaders working to improve the lives of women and girls everywhere
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be leaders between the ages of 18 and 60 years old. All genders welcome!
- Be current residents based in Gauteng Province or Durban, South Africa.
- Have a personal interest and commitment to promoting changes in
government systems, programs, laws and policies affecting economic and
educational opportunities, human rights, social justice and equity,
health, and welfare of women and girls in the counties.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Girls’ Education
- Youth Development
- Economic empowerment, microcredit, or poverty alleviation
- Gender equity
- Human rights
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Community mobilization & development
- Media and communications
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Women’s civic engagement and political participation
- Racial justice
- Environmental justice and climate change
- Currently work at a non-profit organization, NGO, grassroots
organization, media or government organization at a level of
coordination or management and have some level of decision-making
- Have the support of the leadership of the organization to participate in a training week from February 2-9, 2020
*To be eligible to receive a grant, your organization/network or fiscal sponsor must be a registered as a non-profit organization.
There is no cost to apply or participate. Learn more about Rise Up’s Gender Equity Initiative here.
For More Information: