Application Deadline Extended: April 30 2015
The Master’s Program is a four-semester, full-time program. The bilingual curriculum combines the disciplines media and development, journalism, communications and media management.
This is a joint project together with the University of Bonn, the Bonn Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and Deutsche Welle, Germany’s international broadcaster with headquarters in Bonn.
This unique Master’s Program is conducted in German and English and is designed for young students from developing and transition countries who have previous media experience. The program offers an unparalleled mix of research, lectures and practical experience and prepares students for careers in the communications and media industries.
- The program is targeted at students from around the world that want to work in a position of responsibility in journalism or the communications sector
- . It especially addresses journalists-in-training, media representatives from radio, TV, online and print and communication experts.
- Those interested must have completed an academic program (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and have acquired at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field after their first degree.
- The program is bilingual (English and German), whereby English is the prevalent course language.
- A limited number of full scholarships are available for applicants from countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- These cover tuition fees, accommodation, living and travel expenses Partial scholarships are also available. These cover tuition fees only.
- Scholarships will be granted after the application deadline by a selection committee comprising representatives from the University of Bonn, Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, DAAD and Deutsche Welle.
The Master’s Program trains students – personally and professionally – to be competent journalists and prepares them for the challenging role of an expert or manager in the media sector.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- More than one year of professional experience in a media-related field acquired after the first degree. Applicants for a full scholarship must give evindence of one additional year of professional experience.
- Communication skills in English (TOEFL or equivalent) and German (TestDaF or equivalent), see website for details on scores required
The tuition fees for the postgraduate, four-semester Master’s Program will cost a total of 6,000 EUR. There are a limited number of full and partial scholarships available.
- There are Ten full scholarships for prospective students from developing countries can apply for the full scholarship.
- The scholarship is 750 EUR per month covering costs for living and accommodation.
Set of Competences to be Acquired
- Students will acquire the knowledge and skills that are essential for a journalistic career. They will be able to meet specific occupational requirements with expertise and communicative independence.
For More Information: