Application Deadline: 15 FEBRUARY 2023
Creative Partnerships is a new initiative which replaces the Creative Force programme. It is open to Swedish organisations and their partners in the target countries. Projects funded by the programme should help to create better conditions for democratic development and respect for human rights and freedom of expression in the countries covered by the programme.
Creative Partnerships is open to projects in the following countries (by region):
- Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Eastern Europe: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine. Important: we will not grant funding to projects with Belarus which involve the state, regional or municipal sectors.
- MENA: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
- Western Balkans & Türkiye: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Türkiye
- Swedish organisations (legal entities) from civil society and the public or private sectors. You must apply with a partner in one or more of the target countries listed above.
- Your organisation must be registered as a legal entity in Sweden.
- Your organisation must have been registered in Sweden for at least two years.
- Your project partner may represent civil society or the public or private sectors in the target country. Formal or informal cultural actors, networks of journalists or other types of media organisation also qualify as partners.
The target group of your project should be agents of change, opinion makers and drivers of democratic development in the target country. These can be influential leaders in civil society, the business sector, education, culture, the media and public administration. They should specifically be people who are in a position to bring about change in the organisations or sectors they work in.
Your project’s target group can be found:
- in your partner organisation in the target country.
- in other organisations/networks which participate in the project.
Types of Funding
This type of grant is available for preparing or planning a cooperation project (see below). You and your international partner(s) can apply for up to SEK 200,000 for a project which you must complete within 12 months from the starting date.
This type of grant is available for larger projects which aim to bring about an exchange of knowledge with the partner organisation and/or the wider target group or strengthen their professional capacity. You and your international partner(s) can apply for up to SEK 2 million for a project which you must complete within 24 months from the starting date.
- Call for applications opens:20 December 2022
- Write your application: 20 DECEMBER 2022 – 15 FEBRUARY 2023
- Submit your application: 20 DECEMBER 2022 – 15 FEBRUARY 2023
- Has your application been successful?: May 2nd 2023 – May 5th 2023
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Swedish Institute (SI) Creative Partnerships Programme 2023