Application Deadline:Monday, August 3, 2020 at 5:00 PM EDT
The Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize at the University of Pennsylvania is an annual global prize given to one organization that celebrates leadership and innovation in the social sector with an emphasis on impact and transferability of practices.
- The Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize encourage organizations from around the globe to apply.
- We look for organizations that have a proven effective service model and capacity for growth. While the organization should be building a track record of success, it may not yet have gained significant recognition.
- For the winner, this Prize brings its work to a larger audience, attracts new potential donors, and provides resources that will help scale the work or improve organizational sustainability. Organizations do not have to operate outside of their home country to win the Prize. We also equally encourage applicants serving areas of North America to apply along with those from other regions of the globe.
Announced each spring at an award ceremony at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, the Lipman Family Prize honoree package includes:
- A $250,000 unrestricted cash award for the winning organization and $100,000 for each of the two other honorees.
- An ongoing partnership with the University dedicated to knowledge sharing and support of the organization. This includes promotion of their work and accomplishments in the Lipman Prize network of organizations, Penn faculty and alumni, and social impact funders.
- Access to tuition-free executive education programs at Wharton Executive Education and the Center for Social Impact Strategy, valued at approximately $15,000.
- The exclusive Lipman Nonprofit Leadership Scholarship, given in partnership with the University’s School of Public Policy and Practice, valued at approximately $10,000
For More Information: