Application Deadline: September 22, 2022
The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting edge industrial science, research and innovation. The Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) scheme, part of the Science, Industry and Translation programme, aims to increase the knowledge and awareness in UK universities of cutting-edge industrial science, research and innovation. The scheme provides opportunities for enthusiastic, highly experienced industrial scientists and entrepreneurs to spend one day a week at a university developing a bespoke project to:
- expose university staff and students to state-of-the-art industrial research and development, and the scientific challenges faced by industry
- provide support and expert advice aimed at promoting innovation and the translation of research by universities
- grow confidence in and understanding of business and entrepreneurship among staff and students
- provide career recognition to the award holders, and support their professional development
The EiR awards are for two years. The value of the scheme is up to a maximum of £20,000 per year (including VAT where applicable), and is expected to cover the following:
- Salary equivalent to 0.2 FTE of the award holder’s current salary to spend 20% of their working time at the host. The EiR’s basic salary only will be paid during the secondment; the EiR’s employer will continue to pay national insurance and pension contributions
- Travel and project costs for award holder to travel to and from their host, and accommodation if required. Project costs to help deliver the aims of the project plan can also be included, as can conference attendance, meeting workshops and training.
- Applications should be submitted through the Society’s grant management system Flexi-Grant®. Applications are assessed by the Industry Fellowship panel.
- It is expected that applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application 3 months after the closing date.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) Scheme 2022