The SheTrades Accelerator Programme for women entrepreneurs and business support organizations in the Apparel, Accessories and Home Décor sectors is targeting women-owned businesses (WOBs) and BSO’s in the Apparel, Accessories, and Home Decor sector from Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Senegal, and South Africa. It aims to support income generation and job creation for WOBs and their community by:
- Strengthening the business support ecosystem to better support the growth of women’s economic empowerment initiatives and activities;
- Increasing the competitiveness of women-owned businesses;
- Creating new market linkages and business opportunities for women-owned businesses in the sector.
The SheTrades Accelerator forms part of the Global Project Cultural and Creative Industries commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) that aims to strengthen the framework conditions and the ecosystem of the creative industry, as well as improve the employment and income opportunities for those working in the cultural and creative industries in the partner countries by promoting entrepreneurial, digital, creative and technical skills through training programmes.
The SheTrades Accelerator programme is open to women-owned or women-led businesses in Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Senegal or South Africa.
- Must be a woman-led business (at least 25% owned by one or more women, whose management/control lie with one or more women)
- Based in Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Senegal or South Africa
- Operating in Apparel (excluding children’s clothing), Accessories (excluding footwear), home décor or jewelry
For More Information: