Application Deadline: June 28th 2016
Spider – The Swedish Program for ICT in Developing Regions, hosted at the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm university, announces an open call for project proposals in ICT-based access to education and digital content, accessible education, capacity building and content development.
Spider is excited to announce an open call in the thematic area of Education. The objective of the present call is to receive project proposals that are ready to be implemented and can deliver concrete results.
This call will focus on proposals targeting primary and secondary schools. Spider also encourages applications from organisations and institutions of learning that are teaching in refugee camps. Organisations and institutions of learning that are not teaching in refugee camps are welcome to submit a proposal.
Eligibility of applicants
Spider will accept applications from organisations and institutions of learning from the 13 priority countries for Swedish development cooperation:
Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
The projects will contribute to a unified result for Spider’s thematic programmes of Education. We are looking for projects that can deliver concrete results to the following short term outcomes in Education:
2.1 Students/Learners have ICT-based access to education and digital content is available
2.3 Institutions of learning and related civil society organisations have strengthened capacity in accessible education, capacity building of teachers and content development.
- Qualified applicants should submit a one page note together with other documents as explained in the rules for open call no later than 28 June 2016.
- Following review by Spider, select applicants will be notified on 10 August 2016.
- Successful candidates will be asked to submit a project initiation document by 31 August 2016.
- Spider reserves the right to choose project applications which are best aligned with our programme goals.Financial allocation and project durationSpider will allocate 1 million SEK per project and will fund projects in education that will start end of 2016 till the end of 2018.
How to apply
If you consider your organisation to be eligible for support in the open call, fill in the
Spider requests applicants to send the one page concept note together with the following documents:
- An externally audited annual report
- Audit management letter
- The organisation’s proof of registration
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Spider – The Swedish Program for ICT in Developing Regions
[…] Spider announces its second open call for proposals within thematic area Education and Learning. This time we are looking for organisations using ICT within formal or non-formal education to give vocational skills to improve employability or self-sufficiency. […]