Application Deadline: 7 May 2023 12:00 AM
Generation17, an initiative in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), aims to harness technology to elevate the voices of young leaders, who are working to achieve the Global Goals. Established by the United Nations in 2015, the Global Goals – or the Sustainable Development Goals – provide a framework to address pressing global challenges, including poverty, inequality, climate change and peace and justice, and build a better future for all by 2030.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals – the Global Goals – are an urgent call for action around the world to protect vulnerable populations and the planet by 2030. This effort needs the determination and vision of young people. It needs their spirit of innovation and their ability to break down barriers. It needs their sense of urgency.
- Generation17 supports a group of inspiring young leaders ages 18 to 32 dedicated to innovating for humanity and mobilizing global communities.
- Once you’re selected, you’ll have the opportunity to network and engage with a group of inspiring young leaders who are advocating for meaningful change. UNDP and Samsung Mobile will open access to their technology, knowledge and global platforms and connections to enable your success and scale the impact and visibility of your organization(s).
Roles and Responsibility
- The young leaders will collaborate with each other for peer networking and with UNDP issue experts, as well as use Samsung technology to share their personal stories with a wider audience, motivating their peers to join them in driving change for the Global Goals in their daily lives.
- The young leaders are not spokespersons for either organization and are a group of changemakers who will leverage the collective resources of the Samsung-UNDP global partnership to focus on their challenges, aspirations, and work.
- Generation17 is not driven by product promotion, but rather, has the mission to bolster young SDG advocates and their agenda of driving meaningful change.
- Generation17 Young Leaders are a diverse group of individuals who have already delivered impactful solutions for the Global Goals yet may not have had the means to amplify their voices to a wider audience.
- These young leaders were identified by UNDP and selected in partnership with Samsung based on their outstanding existing initiatives and impressive advocacy work.
- Additional candidates are expected to be nominated to grow the initiative and include young people from across the world.
For More Information: