Application Deadline: 15 March 2017
The PRESCIENT SECURITIES POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP has been established to provide support to Honours students from a historically disadvantaged background, who will register for full-time study at the University of Cape Town, in one of the following (or related) areas:
- Management Studies (encompassing both Accounting and Actuarial Science)
- Statistical Sciences
Eligibility and Academic Criteria:
- Preference will be given to black South African citizens.
- Applicants must have achieved at least 65% for the final year of a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must be accepted (or provisionally accepted) by the academic department.
Conditions of Award:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- register for full-time study in the relevant department;
- comply with University’s approved policies, procedures and practices on postgraduate funding;
- repay to the University of Cape Town the value of the award should he/she deregister or if satisfactory academic progress is not made, or if any of the conditions of award are not met;
- meet with the sponsor of the scholarship with view to undertaking employment with Prescient following completion of his/her studies, and
- provide regular reports on the study being undertaken.
The University reserves the right not to make any award and/or to change the conditions of award.
Value and Tenure:
- The value of the scholarship is R120,000 per annum.
- The scholarship will be tenable for one year.
- Renewal of the award will not be considered. Successful candidates will be required to complete the degree in one year.
Applicants are required to:
- write a letter of application providing information of his/her future career objectives; Please note that the
Application Letter is limited to 1 A4 page;
- submit a CV of no longer than ONE A4 page. The CV must provide detail of previous studies, any previous employment and evidence of leadership roles in both of these areas;
- attach certified copies of all academic transcripts (University only);
- attach a certified copy of SA identity document or passport;
- attach 1 letter of reference from an ACADEMIC who has taught her/him at University
- provide a letter from the Course Convenor/Head of Department/Faculty Office indicating that she/he has, or is likely to be accepted by the department for study in 2017.
- Selection will be made by a sub-committee of the Postgraduate Studies Funding Committee, in consultation with the sponsor.
Applications must be submitted to the Director, Postgraduate Centre & Funding Office, University of Cape Town, by no later than 15 March 2017
LATE, INAPPROPRIATE AND INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
For More Information: