Application Deadline: 31 October 2022.
Applications for the 2023 Whitley Awards are currently open. The Whitley Awards Ceremony will take place in Spring 2023.
Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN) is a UK fundraising and grant-giving charity, which supports conservation leaders working in their home countries across the Global South. Over 29 years we have channelled £20 million to more than 200 conservationists in 80 countries.
- Whitley Awards are for dynamic, mid-career conservationists who are leading wildlife conservation projects in the Global South.
- Winners tend to be nationals of the country in which they are working who are seeking to scale up proven work that would benefit from further funding, a profile boost and international support.
- To be eligible, projects must involve communities at the grassroots level and deliver practical action that is founded on science.
- In addition to £40,000 in project funding over one year, the awards provide profile and training.
- Available to Whitley Award alumni, these follow-on grants enable winners to expand effective projects, respond to changing needs, and collaborate with other conservationists.
- Applications are invited annually and applied for competitively, with grants worth up to £35,000 over one year or £70,000 over two years.
- In 2020 WFN introduced a new strand of Continuation Funding for nature-based solutions that will help secure a sustainable future for wildlife, ecosystems and people; nature-based solutions funding is worth up to £100,000 over two years.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Whitley Awards 2023