Application Deadline: October 6, 2022
WWF-Kenya is seeking four (4) Climate Action storytelling proposals from Kenyan registered professional journalists’ coalitions, media associations or networks or consortiums and independent digital media for the award of four million Kenya Shillings (Ksh. 4,000,000) Voices for Just Climate Action media grant. The maximum grant award is one million Kenya shillings (Ksh. 1,000,000) per grantee.
The goal is to facilitate Kenyan journalists to amplify Voices of Just Climate Action on impacts of climate change and locally-shaped solutions being adopted to enhance resilience. The areas of focus include but not limited to amplifying the voices of women, youth, indigenous communities, local and marginalized communities while highlighting the nexus between climate solutions that enhance conservation and the benefits to people, nature and the economy.
- Kenyan registered and active professional journalists’ associations, media networks, consortiums, alliances, and independent digital media.
- Must be operating at national and/or county level.
- Applicant(s) with the ability to link to and mobilize larger networks or capacity to access, mobilize, convene and influence power holders through membership.
- The applicant(s) must have a clean human rights record.
- Must have prior experience carrying out activities related to climate change communication
It will be considered favourable if the
The documents below must be submitted together with the proposal. Failure to submit the documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
I. Certificate of Registration
II. Current Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC)
III. Letter from NGO Management Board or CR12 or Registrar of Societies indicating the list of directors.
- The proposal must reach the undersigned by email on or before the close of business on
- 06th October 2022 with the subject: ‘VCA Media Grant Proposal’.
- All proposals should be sent to: [email protected]
For further information, questions or clarifications, please contact [email protected] no later than 2 days before the closing date.
For More Information: