Application Deadline: January 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
An official Yale University program, participants in the Yale Young Global Scholars Program for Outstanding High School Students can expect an amazing summer experience studying in beautiful campus lecture halls and classrooms, living in Yale’s historic residential colleges, eating in award-winning dining halls, meeting a talented community of fellow students, engaging with world-renowned professors, and interacting with extraordinary visiting practitioners.
The Yale Young Global Scholars Program is designed to challenge top performing high school students with fast-paced, university-level material. Prior to arriving at Yale, students are required to do several hundred pages of preparatory reading and during the program will spend the majority of each day in lectures, seminars, and small-group discussions. Participants also complete a major writing and presentation assignment in which they are asked to collaborate with a team of students. The academic work in the program is intense and each session covers a wide variety of material in two weeks.
A student in the program must have:
- excellent academic record
- demonstrated leadership potential
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- desire and ability to work cooperatively with peers
- good work ethic
- ability to read, analyze, and reflect on large quantities of difficult material in English
- high standard of personal and professional conduct
Tuition for each session of the 2017 Yale Young Global Scholars Program is $5,800 USD, which includes instruction, housing in one of Yale’s historic residential colleges, three meals per day, and optional health insurance. The 3% processing fee is not included.
Partial and Full Scholarships (Need-Based)
YYGS provides scholarships to students with demonstrated financial need. The application for partial and full scholarships are included in the online program application and must be completed by the 2017 application deadline. It is recommended that parents or guardians of applicants help students complete the required financial information.
The YYGS application requires:
- resume / activity list
- official school transcript
- two letters of recommendation
- unofficial standardized test scores, if available (these are not required)
- one 500 word essay and two 200 word responses
For More Information: