Application Deadline: June 30 2014
The Alexia Foundation is pleased to announce the call for entries for the 2014 Women’s Initiative Grant which will provide a $25,000 grant for a project to be produced on a significant issue involving and affecting women anywhere in the world.
The 2014 Women’s Initiative Grant is open to photographers any where in the world and is intended to permit the photographer to produce a serious documentary photographic project encompassing any issue involving women anywhere in the world.
While considering the idea of women’s issues, several themes that have been suggested, including:
- femininity and the culture of abuse;
- women making a difference, leading,
- changing things for the better;
- gender inequality;
- the direct connection to women and education, and
- the impact on birth rates, health of children and
- the productivity of the women;
- gender discrimination,
- women in leadership,
- women in the military,
- mental health issues.
They are by no means intended to influence your proposal, but they may help you start thinking about this topic. They are, in fact, just general themes.
- Photographers and visual journalists from any country may apply for this Grant.
- Proposals for projects that have already received grants or awards of more than $1,000 in the previous calendar year are not eligible.
- The Grant is made to an individual photographer; project proposals that involve multiple content producers will not be accepted.
- All applications are expected to adhere to photojournalism ethical standards.
- Photos may not be digitally manipulated beyond the bounds of standard of traditional darkroom practice (dodging, burning and cropping).
- Scenes may not be manipulated in anyway.
- No objects maybe introduced or removed and subjects should not be directed.
- The exception is portraits, which should be clearly identified as portraits.
- Submission Deadline: June 30, 2014 at 2p.m. EST.
- Winner Notification: Sept. 1, 2014.
- The winner will have six months or until March 1, 2015 to complete the project.
For More Information and Application Procedure: