Application Deadline: February 28 2014
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing, China.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarships
1) Applicants for Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: duration of scholarship should be under 4 years.
2) Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
3) Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
4) Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students only covers tuition fees. According to the applicants’ status, the allowance for scholarship students can be classified into 5 types:
1) 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
2) 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
3) 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree
4) 10,000 RMB/year for a Senior training or long term language program
5)5,000 RMB/year for Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2) Educational background and age limit
2.1) Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30. Applicants for Masters degree studies in Beijing must have Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for Doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
2.2) Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50. Applicants for long term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
2.3) Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
3) Requirement for applicant’s language proficiency
Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
4) An applicant receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
1.1) Applicants submit documents to the Chinese government office in charge of sending international students to China, relevant offices in the applicants’ home country, or the Chinese diplomatic missions or embassies in the applicants’ home country.
1.2) Applicants may register via the web with the Beijing Education Commission http://www.bjedu.gov.cn
1.3) Applicants may submit documents to Chinese institutions in Beijing directly.
For More Information: