Title: Intern Web 2.0 and Social Media Development
Starting date: August 2014
Duration: 6 months (renewable once)
Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
Closing date for application: 30 May 2014
Since 2009 CTA has successfully implemented a series of training events known as Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunities in 35 ACP countries. This has resulted in approximately 3,000 trained people, 38% of whom women. Feedback from beneficiaries (individuals and institutions) has been extremely positive. In May 2013 the project was awarded the WSIS Project Prize 2013 in the category e-agriculture.
Each event lasts for 5 days and accommodates approximately 25-28 trainees who are selected on the basis of applications submitted after an open call. One day of the training is devoted to the introduction to the IMARK module ‘Social Media for Development’. This allows trainees to perfect their skills through self-learning. In 2014/2015, CTA will extend the initiative to additional ACP countries in partnership with local host institutions.
A CTA team coordinates the implementation of the project. The intern will work under the guidance of the project team leader (acting as mentor) and in collaboration with the other team members.
Under the guidance of his/her mentor, the intern will carry out the following activities:
- Assist in the organisation and follow-up of the Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunities.
- Interact and collaborate remotely with consultants, host organizations and beneficiaries using cutting edge technology.
- Assist in gathering and processing data for M&E purposes and for assessing project impact.
- Contribute to the analysis of the results of a planned impact assessment.
- Participate in updating the curriculum.
- Maintain the Web2fordev.net and pgis.cta.int web sites.
- Report on project activities via social media.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the mentor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Recent graduate, 29 years old maximum.
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University degree in ICT or communication-related disciplines.
- Experience and keen interest in the area of ICTs, Web 2.0 and Social Media.
- Knowledge in managing CMS (Joomla) is welcome.
- Good organization, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre’s two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 for holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident during the internship.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to send the documents listed below via email to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email: email@example.com
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘ICT4D and Web2forDev internship application’.
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format;
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Deadline for applications: 30 May 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For More Information: