Submission Deadline: November 30th 2014
The Fountain invites all writers to its 2014 Essay Contest: You and Your 100-Year-Old Self. What would you say to yourself at that age? What would your 100-year-old self tell you back? Awards $2,750 in total.
The Fountain invites you to join in celebrating its 100th issue.
- Write an essay to yourself on your 100th birthday.
- What would you say to yourself at that age?
- What would your 100-year-old self tell you back?
- Would it be a conversation of praise and/or regret?
Perhaps praise for the achievements in your career, but regrets about a lost family? Or warnings about the mistakes you made in your projected future or in your past; pitfalls you happened to be dragged into, temptations you could not resist; or celebrations for the good character you were able to display and sustain over a life; a precious life wasted or a life lived as it was meant to be.
• Contest open to all writers worldwide
• Essay word count must be between 1,500 and 2,500 words
2nd Place – $750
3rd Place – $300
Two Honorable Mentions – $200 each