Application Deadline: January 9 2014
ARE YOU AN ENTREPRENEUR AND/OR AN INNOVATOR WITH A MATURE AGRIBUSINESS IDEA?
Agribusiness for Innovation Incubator programme, based in Nairobi, is developed for those entrepreneurs and their start-ups who have already come up with an idea, have validated this idea and want to evolve and take the next step towards a successful business.
The programme invites 12 Agribusiness start–ups with mature ideas to work together with facilitators, mentors and like mined entrepreneurs in the same environment for 16 weeks.
The sessions and workshops are designed to assist the start-up teams analyse the real need for input and feedback from the market, customers and key stakeholders, and design their tests and pilots accordingly. It is a resident experiential programme, filled with working days where specific topics will be discussed every week.
After 4 weeks the teams present their plans for piloting and testing to a panel of business angles and their fellow peers. This panel decides which 5 start-ups will be receiving the pre-committed funding of 5,000 USD for each team, to commence the testing and piloting.
The successful teams will then continue the programme for another 10 weeks executing their pilot/test with the guidance of facilitators, advisers and mentors – while continuously sharing their experiences with each other.
The activities conclude with a presentation to potential investors, key stakeholders and the social enterprise community at large what their tests and pilots revealed, and what the next steps are for their business venture
As an entrepreneur/innovator you to have:
- A mature idea that you have already thought through.
- The determination to solve the biggest challenges facing agriculture in East Africa
- Achieved customer validation and proof of concept from your targeted audience
- Want to build a sound product/service and pilot it thereafter
- You have team members/ or intend to have. We prefer start-ups that are more than one person
- You and your team members must be working full time on this venture
- You are a registered for profit company or intend to be
For More Information:
E-Mail: [email protected]